The West Lives On Gallery opened for business June of 1998 at 75 North Glenwood St. in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.  Our location, across the street West of the Wort Hotel, was formerly Teton Kids and before that The May Company.  When Bill Baxter acquired the Wort in 2004 and began the upgrades and remodeling, it greatly enhanced the Gallery’s location.

In 2011 the Wort Hotel acquired the property to our South, formerly The Roundup (for over 50 years) and created the Wort Plaza.  We leased an addition 2000 sq feet of space in the new Wort Plaza and moved our contemporary art to the new space and filled our “old space” with traditional western art.  This additional space doubled our floor space and allowed us to represent approximately 30 more artists.

We also added 1500 square feet of storage and shipping space in the basement of the Wort Plaza thus consolidating all of our operations in downtown Jackson Hole.

Artists that are represented by the Gallery today, that opened with us in 1998, are Robert Harper, Danny Edwards, R.C Jones and Reid Christie.

History
Of the Gallery

 
 Email: FineArt@westliveson.com